Effective December 31, 2010, the Basic Driver Improvement Course program permits eligible drivers to take a driver improvement course, either on-line or in a classroom. This is a six hour class.
The Secretary of State will not make the points or information from the ticket available to insurance companies for drivers who successfully complete the BDIC through an approved provider.
The Secretary of State will notify eligible drivers. Eligible drivers have 60 days to arrange for and successfully complete the BDIC.
- Practical knowledge and techniques to avoid traffic collisions and violations
- Why choosing safe, responsible, and lawful driving behaviors and habits makes personal and financial sense
- Factors one can control before driving, from emotions to vehicle maintenance
- How to drive defensively in unpredictable conditions
- How driver attitude and behavior can help prevent collisions and poor decision-making
- How to prevent collisions and recognize potential hazards